Held State after a Authentication Fail. Help to understand this state.

Douglas Diniz dgdiniz at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:27:42 EDT 2008

Thanks for the answer.
I'm asking because i have a setup where hostap receive a Start several times
while in Held State, so i'm afraid that when the quietPeriod goes to 0 the
following scenario  occur:

1-) Hostap goes from held state to restart state, sending a request identity
2-) Just after that hostap receive a Start, re-sending a Request Identity
3-) In this meanwhile wpa supplicant receive the first request identity and
send a response identity.
4-) The second Request Identity is received by wpa supplicant, which abort
the authentication.

This could occur?