WPA failure with AR6000

William Hegardt whegardt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 11:57:36 EDT 2008

Having trouble getting a new ARM based platform up and running that uses an
AR6000 radio.
WPA almost works but fails to complete and authentication seems to start
over again.
If anyone is willing to take a look and point me in the right direction
towards solving this, I would be most appreciative.
The supplicant driver interface is based on madwifi. I've tried supplicant
versions 0.4.9, 0.5.10, and also 0.6.3 which generated the trace below.

Here's my wpa_supplicant.conf file:
http://pastebin.com/m117cdc9

Here's my .config file:
http://pastebin.com/m2b531cde

And here's the -ddd trace output from wpa_supplicant:
http://pastebin.com/m6092415d

Note that the AR6000 driver seems to generate a number of custom wireless
events where the custom string points to unprintable data, so I modified
driver_wext.c to not output the string in that case. I'm not sure if this
indicates a serious problem or not.

I also found that the trace output: ioctl[SIOCGIWAP]: Invalid argument
is caused by the driver not having a connection at that point in time

Thanks