wpa_supplicant v0.6.3 loses connection, then reconnects to a different AP

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Jun 4 14:39:03 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 11:19:58AM -0700, David Ehrmann wrote:
> Maybe it's just a coincidence that there's a "PMKID candidate event"
> 35 seconds before the "Wireless event: new AP: 00:00:00:00:00:00."  I
> seemed to be getting PMKID candidate events every minute, anyway, so
> it's expected to see my "problem" event show up between them.
>
> Time to look into why my driver is sending the new AP event?

Yes, or well, to be more exact, to look into why the driver is
determining that association has been lost. This new AP event with
00:00:00:00:00:00 as the address is a notification of disassociation.
Either the AP disassociated the device or the client driver/firmware
decided to disassociate for some reason.