Implementing Diffie-Hellman

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Jul 30 08:27:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:33:59AM -0700, Chuck Tuffli wrote:

> The current WPS patch uses Diffie-Hellman functions from OpenSSL, and in
> an effort to reduce the external dependencies, I'm trying to implement
> this using some of the available crypto routines such as
> crypto_mod_exp(). The question is which of the crypto*.c files to use
> and do these routines require files other than those include with
> wpa_supplicant (e.g. tomcrypt.h)?

The current wpa_supplicant (0.6.x) comes with an optional Diffie-Hellman
implementation in src/crypto/dh_groups.c. This is used for EAP-IKEv2 and
I would prefer all other use cases to try to use the same implementation
to minimize code size. This can be built with just the files included in
wpa_supplicant, if desired (with CONFIG_TLS=internal and
CONFIG_INTERNAL_LIBTOMMATH=y).