Access control list in hostapd

Sonia xonia10 at yahoo.es
Wed Jul 30 04:47:11 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm using hostapd-0.5.8 with madwifi driver, and I'm
trying to use accept and deny files in order to apply
access control policies. But, it seems that no matter
what I put in this files and macaddr_acl variable, all
the clients can associate with the AP. Has anybody had
the same problem?

I know that I can use "iwpriv ath0 macccmd 1/2/3" to
do this, and it works, but I prefer to put all the
stations in a file.

Besides, I would like to use this files to filter Wifi
clients based on manufacturer, only taking into
account the first part of the MAC address. Is it
possible??

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Sonia