Problem with EAP-TLS connection to Atheros AR5002AP-2X AP

Chr chunkeey at web.de
Sat Jul 26 18:15:49 EDT 2008

On Saturday 26 July 2008 23:39:43 Dmitry Shmidt wrote:

> > > SSL: SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read finished A
> > > SSL: SSL_connect - want more data
> > > SSL: 1368 bytes pending from ssl_out
> > > SSL: 1368 bytes left to be sent out (of total 1368 bytes)

Well... after sniffing some EAP-Frames it looks like
that madwifi's stack or  their driver has problems with fragmentation,
because the "Server Certificate" in the EAP gets truncated.

So, I my theory is this:
wpa_supplicant does the right thing by dropping the connection,
since it can't verify if the server certificate is valid or not.

Unfortunately, I don't have any backups of my old working setup,
so I don't really know which was the last madwifi-revision
where everything worked well...

Regards,
	Chr