D-Bus Documentation

Kiran Kulkarni kiran.kulkarni at azingo.com
Tue Jul 22 02:11:55 EDT 2008

Actually I was using WPA supplicant to code a program which will connect
to the wireless network as soon as a device is powered. I know that same
thing is done by the Network Manager. But I was still coding some light
weight application. I followed the steps
1) Get a signal from HAL for the network interface and add or get
Interface from the WPA Supplicant using "addInterface" or
"getInterface", which returns me a proxy for the interface

2) Then using this proxy I scanned the network using "scan" and then
after its success I did "scanResults" which gives the paths for the
bssid's which can be used to read the "properties" adn displayed them

3) after that I did "setAPScan" with value 1 and added a new network
using the "addNetwork" which can be then used for further process.

4) After obtaining the object path for the new network, I created proxy
for that and then  I called "set" for that network and set the
properties "key-mgmt" and "proto", But I am unable to set the properties
like "bssid" and the "ssid".

5) Then I did "selectNetwork" with path as returned by the "addNetwork"

But My problem is that I am unable to set "ssid" and "bssid" for the new
network and because of that I unable to connect to the existing AP.
Plz help me out here....

Waiting for the reply