Messed up PCMCIA firmware

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:05:30 EDT 2008

Network card - Netgear MA401 Rev D

NICID x0800c (from what I remember). Initial firmware version 1.0.0. Tried
to upgrade it to 1.8.2 because it did not support WPA2.
Followed Jun Sun's guide on flashing Intersil based chipsets with version
1.8.2 :

http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/

prism2_srec failed to download the firmware on to the flash memory. It also
wiped out (apparently) the previous one (I used option -f).

Now, the card does not even register as a network interface (Readback test
fails complaining about missing primary firmware). So, I do not know how I
can use prism2_srec even if get the firmware from somewhere.

What are my options ? How do I flash it with its original firmware (I
downloaded the contents of the initial CD from Netgear's website) ?

No. I did not make a backup copy of the original firmware :(