wpa_supplicant in daemon mode with out any interface details

Sukku m.sukumar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:17:28 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am searching for a solution "How to start wpa_supplicant in daemon mode
with out giving any configuration and interface options, so that I can give
the detials by wpa_cli when ever I required to connect."

I have two interfaces eth0 and wlan0,  some times I use eth0 and some times
wlan0 for connectivity.  So what I am thinking is, I will start
wpa_supplicant as a startup script by without giving any interface, username
and password deatils. After booting up, depending upon my requirement I will
pass the details to wpa_supplicant daemon by wpa_cli.

Can any tell me, is this works or not?

Thanks and regards,
Sukumar