Operation not permitted

Shiv Jairam linuxfreak87 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 12:38:04 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to my school's wireless network:
http://www.brooklaw.edu/it/wireless/instructions.pdf

Here is the wpa_sup config file. Does it look like it reflects the network
settings?

ap_scan=1

network={
        ssid="bls"
        scan_ssid=0

        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=TKIP
        eap=PEAP
        identity="username"
        password="passwd"
        phase1="peaplabel=1"

        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
}

Here are the results when I run wpa_sup using the above config file:

wpa_supplicant -i eth0 -c
/usr/share/wicd/encryption/configurations/000b0e0d7cc4  -D wext

ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported

WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported

.

I would have to explicitly kill the command [C-c] around line "WEXT auth
param 4 value 0x0", or else it just sits there. Whats wrong?

Thank you.
--
Shiv Jairam