Failure to build with CONFIG_EAP_IKEV2=y

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Jan 11 23:44:27 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 05:32:30PM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:

> After activating CONFIG_EAP_IKEV2=y in build config [1] (which is pretty much
> defconfig with most (but not all) options turned on), the following failure
> was observed.

> ../src/eap_common/ikev2_common.o: In function `ikev2_encr_decrypt':
> /tmp/buildd/wpasupplicant-0.6.2/wpa_supplicant/../src/eap_common/ikev2_common.c:296: undefined reference to `crypto_cipher_init'

IKEv2 code uses the crypto_cipher_*() functions that were originally
added for the internal TLS implementation and were only implemented in
crypto_internal.c. Since it sounds like a reasonable use case to build
IKEv2 code with OpenSSL, I implemented these wrappers in
crypto_openssl.c, too. This should resolve these linking issues.

> The compile warnings were due to x86_64, patch for those below.

Thanks, applied.