How to clear scan cache.

Raghavendra. S raghavendra.akkasali at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:01:52 EST 2008

Hi,

 In my case, I will enable wpa supplicant and in wpa_cli I issue
"SCAN" command. Then I will sleep for 5-7 seconds. Later I will issue
"SCAN_RESULT" command to get scan result.

Here I have few  doubts?

1. what is the optimal value for this sleep?

2. In  wpa_ctrl_request(ctrl_conn, "SCAN_RESULTS",
                     os_strlen("SCAN_RESULTS"), scanbuf, &len, NULL);

  Currently in wpa_cli size of "scanbuf" is defined as char array of
2048 bytes. So it will hardly accomodate scan result for 15-16 APs.

 Can I increase this size from 2048 to higher value? say 3072, so that
it can hold 24-25 scanned AP information?

3. I have following config file for scan

# cat /tmp/wpa_supplicant.conf.tmp
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ap_scan=1

network={
                bssid=00:00:00:00:00:00
                key_mgmt=NONE
}

This will never connect to any AP, but will remain in scan state. Is
there any issue in using this kind of configuration?

-Raghu.

--
Regards & Thanks
Raghavendra. S