Massive verbose output at system log

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Feb 3 22:22:33 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 03:41:04AM +0100, stolz at ya.com  wrote:

> I have realized my /var/log/messages file is ~150M. It's
> filled up thousands of lines like:
> wlan0: WMM queue=2 aci=0 acm=0 aifs=2 cWmin=7 cWmax=1023 burst=20
..

> Is there any reason for such a massive verbose output from
> wpa_supplicant? Is it something to worry about? Or it can be
> considered normal.

Why do you think that these are from wpa_supplicant? They are not..

That looks like a debug print from net/mac80211 (i.e., Linux kernel). It
is printed at debug level, so it sounds like you're system is configured
to log all debug information into /var/log/messages. Anyway, that debug
print could be removed from mac80211 since it is not really that
important information in most cases.