nl80211 driver, failed to set country code

Guillaume sirocco at gmx.fr
Mon Dec 22 07:50:53 EST 2008

Hi,

I've installed libnl 1.1 and hostapd from git.
I'm also using a pached kernel 2.6.27.10 and rt2x00 included driver.

I want to use hostapd with driver=nl80211.
Everything compiled fine but when I start hostapd I have the following
errors :

# hostapd -dd /etc/hostapd.conf
Configuration file: /etc/hostapd.conf
ctrl_interface_group=0
Opening raw packet socket for ifindex 1633878026
BSS count 1, BSSID mask ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (0 bits)
Failed to set country code
wlan0: Unable to setup interface.
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory

I don't know if it's possible to have more debug, verbose it at maximum.

I have the error "Failed to set country code" whatever I set the country
code (tested commented, US, and FRA)
Nevertheless I don't know if the country code error also impact the next
error : wlan0: Unable to setup interface.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guillaume