Asymmetric encryption

Damien Leroy damien.leroy at uclouvain.be
Thu Dec 18 09:35:16 EST 2008

Hi,
For a research project, we are developing and implementing a new EAP
method in hostap.
For this, I need asymmetric encryption (for both signing and encrypting)
, e.g., RSA. Such operations are available within crypto_internal. For
importing public keys, I can use "crypto_public_key_import" that calls
crypto_rsa_import_public_key (in src/tls/rsa.*) that is supposed to
import "DER" keys.
However, if I try to open a DER key file (created using OpenSSL), this
always stops on the same error : "RSA: Expected INTEGER - found class 0
tag 0x10".
It seems to be a format error in the key but I really think the key is ok.

(this import function seems to be only used inside TLS and not to parse
a DER file key)

Has anyone already used this function to open key files and use RSA ?

--
Damien Leroy
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/dleroy