Can't get hostap driver to work

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu Dec 11 12:54:32 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 11:22 -0600, LAMBA Jaideep wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
>
> Try wlanconfig in both the scenarios and see if there is a difference in
> the way the interface is being created. Also try "ifconfig eth1 up" just
> before you execute the dhcpd command for hostap drivers. I would also
> recommend looking into the dmesg logs to see if there is something that
> you missed.

wlanconfig is just as irrelevant to both hostap and orinoco drivers as
"wpa_supplicant -Dhostap" is irrelevant to any drivers except hostap.

wlanconfig is a part of MadWifi, so it won't work with interfaces
created by other drivers.

Please don't quote parts of the original message that are not used in
your reply.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin