hostapd failing with message "MGMT (TX callback) fail"... why would this happen?

john dowd jdowdster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 14:13:58 EST 2008

I'm using the hostapd 0.6.6 and the latest from git s/w for the rt2x00
driver. I can get the interface into "master mode". hostapd comes up
but the debug message that I put into this message title constantly
displays like this...

1228849733.937802: STA 00:19:d2:08:e0:83 sent probe request for broadcast SSID
1228849733.938092: handle_tx_callback(): MGMT (TX callback) fail
1228849733.938110: mgmt::proberesp cb

Right now I'm trying to configure the Access Point with no encryption
of any kind but I will want to eventually have WPA2 running on it.

Can someone please point me in the direction as to why I'm not seeing
the Access Point SSID being broadcast and is the error an actual
problem and if it is, what do I need to fix it or where to look to fix
it.

Cheers!!
--
                              John Dowd