Can't get hostap driver to work

Chuck Martin zi8xfgj02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:56:58 EST 2008

I can't seem to get the hostap driver to work.  It works with kismet,
but when I try to associate with any network with wpa_supplicant, or
even with kwifimanager, it won't associate.  I'm running Slackware 12.1,
and the orinoco driver works, but not very well.  Before upgrading the
O/S, I had also used the wlan-ng driver, which worked better than the
orinoco driver, but I'd like to get the hostap driver working so I don't
have to install yet another driver.  Does anybody have any ideas of
where to look for the problem?  Thanks.

Chuck