Wpasupplicant DBus API

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 17:34:55 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 14:49 +0100, Wachendorf, Paul, 7P Consulting
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I’m searching for an discription of the Dbus API of wpasupplicant.
> Does something like this exsist?
> I started trying to wrap one out of the C Code, but my C is very rusty
> and I’m stucked.
>
> Specially I’m trying to find out the correct format of the Argument(s)
> which should be submitted to the set() Method of an
> fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.Network Interface.
> I e.g. tried  passing an Dbus Dict with {‘psk’:’my-secret-psk’}, but
> always recieve  “fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.InvalidOptions: Did
> not receive correct message arguments.”

Some values like SSID, BSSID, keys, etc are passed as byte arrays, not
strings, because they can contain embedded NULLs or are not UTF-8;
anything that's not UTF-8 safe should be passed as a byte array.

Second, value must be Variants, but of course Variants may contain any
other type of value.  The signature for the dict is "a{sv}", so it's
likely that you're not sending the values as a variant.

Dan