the requirements of supporting WSC or PUSH-BUTTON?

c4linux c4linux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 02:31:54 EDT 2008

Hi,all:

I'm confused about the requirements of supporting WSC or PUSH-BUTTON or WPS(they have the same meaning?), there are few documents about supporting Wi-Fi Simple Configuration.

So , I post some questions here for help:

1. Is WSC a pure software that can work without any hardware supporting?
2. my wifi chip is Atheros AR2413, dose it support WPS ?
3. Any version of Madwifi can support WSC ?
4. I found a patched hostapd that can support WPS . Where I can get these patch?

Thanks for your help :)