cross-compiling with SMARTCARD or PCSC

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Aug 19 14:09:45 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:03:14PM +0200, Sergio wrote:

> with CONFIG_PCSC=y compiler needs WinSCard.Lib, winscard.h, winsmcrd.h
> and ScardErr.h. But winscard.h depends on some definitions which seems
> that are not included with any file, looking into dependencies.
> while compiling i have errors beginning with a "syntax error before
> LPCGUID". This data type is defined into Guiddef.h but is not included
> with any header file. Have i missed any option into .config file?

It looks like I'm using winscard.h from Platform SDK and I also have
winsmcrd.h and SCardErr.h. However, I'm not sure whether I have actually
modified some of those files to make the cross compilation with MinGW
work.. I did need to do number of things (which, unfortunately, I did
not document anywhere and do not remember at this point) to get cross
compilation working for all components.

Actually.. Taken a closer look at the winscard.h file I'm using, it does
have following:

#if 1 /* jkm */
#ifndef __LPCGUID_DEFINED__
#define __LPCGUID_DEFINED__
typedef const GUID *LPCGUID;
#endif
#endif

In addition, it looks like I had commented out following line from
winsmcrd.h (for some reason.. I have no idea why):

#define FILE_DEVICE_SMARTCARD           0x00000031