wpa_supplicant: using internal TLSv1

Soh Kam Yung sohkamyung at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 23:42:07 EDT 2008

I am looking at supporting some WPA-Enterprise features using
wpa_supplicant and have some questions about the internal TLSv1
implementation:

1) If CONFIG_EAP_TLS, CONFIG_EAP_PEAP and CONFIG_EAP_TTLS=n, I do not
need any TLS implementation (either internal or OpenSSL).  Is this
correct?

2) Is the Internal TLSv1 implementation stable?  The sample defconfig
file in wpa_supplicant-0.5.8 still marks the Internal TLSv1 as
experimental.

3) Is libtommath.c 'good enough' or is it advisable for me to use the
full LibTomMath library for the internal TLSv1?

4) Are the interoperability testing results
(http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=blob_plain;f=wpa_supplicant/eap_testing.txt
) valid for the internal TLSv1 implementation?

Regards,
Kam-Yung
--
Soh Kam Yung