Re: MGMT (TX callback) fail - AP rt2x00 with Managed broadcom

Petr Novak n_petr at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 8 12:55:46 EDT 2008

> > a) I found some Microsoft (00:50:F2) specific code, maybe some Broadcom
> (00:10:18) specific code should be included.
>
> Why?

I only guess, that therefore (unknown vendor) ACK fail:

MGMT (TX callback) ACK
unknown vendor specific information element ignored (vendor OUI 00:10:18 len=9)
STA 00:16:ce:6a:24:59 sent probe request for broadcast SSID
unknown vendor specific information element ignored (vendor OUI 00:10:18 len=9)
STA 00:16:ce:6a:24:59 sent probe request for broadcast SSID
MGMT (TX callback) fail
mgmt::proberesp cb
MGMT (TX callback) fail
mgmt::proberesp cb
unknown vendor specific information element ignored (vendor OUI 00:10:18 len=9)
STA 00:16:ce:6a:24:59 sent probe request for our SSID
unknown vendor specific information element ignored (vendor OUI 00:10:18 len=9)
STA 00:16:ce:6a:24:59 sent probe request for our SSID
MGMT (TX callback) fail
mgmt::proberesp cb
MGMT (TX callback) fail
mgmt::proberesp cb

> > b) Strange behaviour with TX callback - type and WLAN_FC_TYPE_MGMT are zeros,
> fail here and no ACK.
>
> I wouldn't be too surprised if some STAs do not ACK some of the probe
> response frames when doing scanning since they may have already moved to
> another channel.

I thought, that ACK fail is not good = no connection between AP and client. Channels are set to auto (if I am right, it is not possible set exact number of AP channel in /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf).

> > I do not have C++ skills, but made two patches for more debug info. I hope
> that could be usefull for us.
>
> What is the problem that you are trying to debug?

I try to discover, why ACK fails everytime and AP with client is not connected.

Best regards, Petr Novak