Using barebones EAP in/from hostapd

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Aug 4 04:23:43 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 11:05:59AM +0300, Gabor Fekete wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to use the EAP (and EAP-TLS) implementation in
> hostapd and wpa_supplicant.
> Basically I would like to have an Authenticator and a Peer talking via a TCP
> connection. The connection would carry raw EAP packets.
> I don't need any other part of hostapd or wpa_supplicant, I want to do only
> pure EAP-TLS authentication.

I would suggest taking a look at the eap_example subdirectory in the Git
tree. It has a small example application that shows how to use EAP
server and peer code in other applications. This example sends data
internally within the same process, but it should be easy to separate
the peer and server parts into separate programs and to use whatever
connection you want. The README file in that directory has some
additional documentation of the needed changes.