802.11e DLS connection

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Apr 28 10:25:22 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:06:45PM -0700, Dmitry Shmidt wrote:

> I want to connect two stations with direct link.
> I added CONFIG_PEERKEY=y to .config for wpa_supplicant.
> The question is how I need to define network configuration for both stations
> ?

The normal IEEE 802.11i/WPA2 style configuration should be all that is
needed in as far as wpa_supplicant configuration is concerned. However,
the driver would need to support DLS and user space notifications of
desired direct links so that wpa_supplicant would know when to initiate
peer key handshake. I'm not aware of such a driver, though.. If you are
working with a driver for DLS support, please make sure that it is able
to deliver STKSTART.request Linux Wireless Events messages.
Alternatively, peerkey handshake can also be triggered from user space,
if you have an application that needs DLS.