hostAP and wds with madwifi

Smith, Bruce bsmith at road-inc.com
Wed Sep 26 02:15:28 EDT 2007

Looks like there are some bugs, maybe with the version combo.  Obviously some folks have got it working.  I've had cases where hostapd will cause listeners to have 5+ of the same AP in the scans.  This happens after launching wpa_supplicant.  This is different than how it acts on my laptop (2.6.16) vs 2.4.25 on this embedded device.  I get similar results to you with the linux 2.4.  I'll post my finding when I get this working.

Cheers,
Bruce