wpa_supplicant with smartcard (opensc)

Antonio Nastasi sifcenter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:56:07 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am trying to configure wpa_supplicant with smart-card ( i have opensc
and pkcs#11 Engine for Openssl ). This is my config of wpa_supplicant.conf

pkcs11_engine_path=/usr/lib/engines/engine_pkcs11.so

pkcs11_module_path=/home/shadow/opensc/src/pkcs11/.libs/opensc-pkcs11.so

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

eapol_version=1

ap_scan=2

fast_reauth=1
network={

       ssid="MY_ESSID"

       proto=WPA

       key_mgmt=WPA-EAP

       pairwise=TKIP

       group=TKIP

       eap=TLS
       engine_id="pkcs11"

       engine=1

       key_id="1"

}

I launch it with:
wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ieth1 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicat.conf

The path is correct and the modules is loaded fine but this doesn't
work.. no message from opensc/card .. ( i have some printf in init
function of card.. but i haven't message in shell when try to connect ).
The config is correct?
What must I do also to work with WPA and Smartcard?
Must I make a configure for openssl ( set the engine for it too )?
Thanks in advance!
Bye

PS: the card with opensc ( and with firefox , thunderbird ecc... )works
fine.

--
Nastasi Antonio
GPG-Key: 0xDA3574F0