Hostapd gives error with Madwifi.conf file

maloomnahi at indiatimes.com maloomnahi at indiatimes.com
Tue Sep 11 23:22:40 EDT 2007

Hi Nazeer,

Do I have to make an interface eth1 or ath1 [for example] already before running this command? OR other way to put it, Should I run "wlanconfig eth1 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode ap" for example [directly talk with AR5212 firmware?

As you can see in the output, it is giving an error of not able to set the interface to master mode. !! Am I missing some setting in .CONFIG file?

Thanks
PPN