Hostapd gives error with Madwifi.conf file

maloomnahi at indiatimes.com maloomnahi at indiatimes.com
Tue Sep 11 06:24:30 EDT 2007

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the information. I have tried installing the bridge, but the error now shows as follows: (It has created the br0 port now)

[root at localhost hostapd-0.5.8]# hostapd -ddd hostapd.conf
Configuration file: hostapd.conf
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
Configure bridge br0 for EAPOL traffic.
ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: Operation not supported
Could not set interface to master mode!
madwifi driver initialization failed.
eth0: Unable to setup interface.
Flushing old station entries
Deauthenticate all stations
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory

Can anyone tell me is it the .config problem or AR5212 PCI card interface problem?

Thanks
PPN