HOSTAPD not running with CONF File

maloomnahi at indiatimes.com maloomnahi at indiatimes.com
Mon Sep 10 23:34:06 EDT 2007

Hi Michael,

Yes I am running everything in the root and I have a thread running on the same issue: http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2007-September/016012.html

Following are the settings in my hostapd.conf / madwifi.conf [i have pruned both to check if any of these works]

interface=eth0
bridge=br0
driver=madwifi
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2
debug=0
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid="TEST"
hw_mode=g
channel=11
beacon_int=100
max_num_sta=255
rts_threshold=2347
fragm_threshold=2346
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=3
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
ap_max_inactivity=300
bridge_packets=0
eapol_version=1
eap_message=hello
wep_key_len_broadcast=5
wep_key_len_unicast=5
eap_reauth_period=3600
eap_server=1
private_key_passwd=secret passphrase
own_ip_addr=192.168.1.151
wpa=1
wpa_passphrase=secret passphrase
wpa_psk_file=hostapd-0.5.8/hostapd.wpa_psk
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
passive_scan_listen=1000
passive_scan_mode=1

It would be great if you could help me out or atleast direct me to someone who could solve the same.

Thanks
PPN