Hostapd gives error with Madwifi.conf file

maloomnahi at indiatimes.com maloomnahi at indiatimes.com
Mon Sep 10 00:34:51 EDT 2007

Hi Nazeer,

Following was the result by using the same mentioned conf file

[root at localhost hostapd-0.5.8]# hostapd -dd hostapd1.conf
Configuration file: hostapd1.conf
ctrl_interface_group=0
ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device
madwifi driver initialization failed.
eth1: Unable to setup interface.
Flushing old station entries
Deauthenticate all stations
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory

Is the issue with the CONF / CONFIG file or some driver settings? Thanks for everything ... in advance

Regards
PPN