Problem with TNC

Emilio A. Escobar emilio.escobar at hp.com
Wed Oct 31 14:08:44 EDT 2007

Hi,
   I am attempting to use wpa_supplicant with EAP-TNC to handle 802.1x
requests. But for some reason, even though the IMV is returning the
ALLOW recommendation the client still sees the state as MAY_CONT. I
changed some bits in the tncc.c and eap_tnc.c so that if an allow is
received then the state is changed to METHOD_DONE and the decision to
UNCOND_SUCC but the client is still doing it's 50 (MAX) steps and then
failing. Has anyone else experienced this situation before?

Thanks,

Emilio A. Escobar
Hewlett-Packard Corp.