hostapd.conf explained

Hansa mythtv at logic-q.nl
Fri Oct 26 08:07:49 EDT 2007

Van: hostap-bounces+mythtv=logic-q.nl at shmoo.com
[mailto:hostap-bounces+mythtv=logic-q.nl at shmoo.com]Namens Henrik Brix
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 11:51:34AM +0200, Hansa wrote:
> > Can someone tell me where to find the explanations of the options in
> > hostapd.conf?
> > I can't seem find them.
>
> The sample hostapd.conf file is pretty well documented. Which options
> are unclear to you?

Aha.. There it is.. Thanks Brix.
On FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE it's located in /usr/src/contrib/hostapd/hostapd.conf

This answers the question from my previous mail. I want hostapd to log to
syslog or a logfile in daemon mode. However, the event logger only logs to
syslog or stdout when NOT used in background mode. No problem, I will sent
the program to the background myself replacing the following line in
/etc/rc.d/hostapd from:
	command_args="-B ${conf_file}"
to:
	command_args="${conf_file} 2>&1 > /var/log/hostapd &"

I still have one other question. I've expected hostapd (NO daemon of course)
to log to /var/log/messages. However, it's not doing that on my system.
Hostapd only logs to stdout. Any chance that somebody know why?

Best regards,
Hansa