[FYI] hostapd state with mac80211 on linux
johannes at sipsolutions.net
Thu Oct 25 14:53:19 EDT 2007
Since more and more people seem to be interested in it, here's a quick
hostapd works with
- kernel 2.6.24-rc1
- plus my patches from http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/kernel/all/
- plus the commit 5c58298c2536252ab95aa2b1497ab47eb878ca5d from net-2.6
([NETLINK]: Fix ACK processing after netlink_dump_start)
- my hostapd patches from http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/hostap/all/
- WPA network with TKIP
- manually assigning IPs
- ping over the wireless interface
- ssh over the wireless interface
without any problems.
Hardware is Broadcom chip with b43 driver as the AP and zd1211b chip
with zd1211rw driver (softmac-based) as a station.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 828 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/attachments/20071025/2b29485f/attachment.pgp
More information about the HostAP