Adding WPS support for hostapd / wpa_supplicant

Ted Merrill ted at atheros.com
Thu Oct 25 21:09:21 EDT 2007

Assaf and all,

Next week I expect to submit a patch to hostap that ports Intel's hostapd
patches to the latest hostap git repository version.
(This will not include fixes to wsccmd itself. I do not currently have
permission to release Atheros' fixes to wsccmd, although i am promoting
that... your pending contribution may make that happen since it would be in
everyone's interests to have all problems fixed).
In addition to porting to the latest version, i've also tried to clean up the
coding somewhat.
(Note that I have some other patches pending with Jouni that relate largely
to the madwifi driver).
Since these WPS patches are, as you know, somewhat extensive, i don't expect
that Jouni will accept them right away.
In addition, i imagine that Jouni will not be happy with the fact that the
communication with wsccmd is syncronous; to fix that would take a lot more
work, and i'm concentrating on getting it working as is first!
I'd appreciate if you could try and comment on these patches (after i post
them of course) and together we could refine them.
(I expect that both your company and mine will benefit from the improvements
made to hostapd!).

Thanks in advance,
Ted Merrill
Atheros Communications