Hardware switch starts wpasupplicant

Angel Martin Alganza ama at ugr.es
Thu Oct 18 14:45:31 EDT 2007

I have successfully set up wpasupplicant to connect to my work
networks (2) and it works like a charm.  I have to start
wpa_supplicant by hand, though, and once connected to one of the
networks do a dhclient request on the wireless interface.

What I would like is the wpasupplicant and dhclient to be run
automatically upon pressing the wireless switch, so that I only have
to do so to get connected to the first (preferred) wireless network on
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.

I haven't been able to find a way to do it after reading the
wpasupplican man page and the information on the web site.

Is it possible to make such a set up?  Could someone point me to some
documentation which explains how to do it?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
Ángel

--
Angel Martin Alganza               Tel +34 958 248 926
Departamento de Genetica           Fax +34 958 244 073
Universidad de Granada               mailto:ama at ugr.es
C/ Fuentenueva s/n             http://www.ugr.es/~ama/
E-18071 Granada, Spain     JabberID alganza at jabber.org
  PGP Public key: http://www.ugr.es/~ama/ama-pgp-key
  3EB2 967A 9404 6585 7086  8811 2CEC 2F81 9341 E591