Need help. Trying to get a new driver work.

Sriharsha Vedurmudi svedurumudi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:15:40 EDT 2007

Dear Friends,
 I am writing a new driver for a new chip (currently in last stage of
design) and have trouble testing the WPA-PSK functionality of the chip
under Linux, using wpa_supplicant.

In the ioctl handler for SIOCGIWSCAN, I am re-constructing the WPA IE
(since my driver parses this IE and populates my private structure
during scanning a beacon/probe response) and adding the event using
the function iwe_stream_add_point( ) (as done in other drivers like
airo.c).
But when I issue the command sequence:
$ ifconfig wlan0 up
$ wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -d

 For the second command, after the initial stuff, it is showing me the
list of APs (currently active), but is failing to see any WPA info in
them.
 Also surprising is that none of the printk's that I put in the ioctl
handler functions are getting displayed.
 Since wpa_supplicant is not seeing any wpa ie, it is not issuing the
associate command. I am unable to figure out whats going wrong. Can
somebody help me with the correct sequence that is needed and also the
correct way to pass the WPA IE to wpa_supplicant (through
driver_wext.c, since Im using Linux 2.6.19-2 with W.E ver 21).

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Sriharsha.