can't connect with wpa_supplicant using 802.1X on a wired connection (eduroam)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat May 12 10:56:32 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 11:10:21AM +0200, Alexander van Loon wrote:

> I can't connect with wpa_supplicant using 802.1X and EAP-TTLS/PAP over a
> wired connection. I've tried a lot of different things in my config and
> googled to find a lot of info on the internet, but nothing helped. I'm
> so desperate to get a working internet connection that I'm considering
> to switch to an ISP which doesn't require 802.1X authentication, but I'd
> rather not do that. So I'd really appreciate any help from this mailing
> list. I already posted all the info here:

Please remove 'ssid' parameter from you configuration file and retry. No
SSID is used in wired networks and as such, wpa_supplicant won't match
this network configuration and does not start 802.1X in a wired network.

PS.

In general, I would recommend posting the details in a message to this
mailing list rather than pointing to an URL to increase likelyhood of
quick and correct response..