wpa_supplicant and hostapd support for WiMAX authentication

Macpaul Lin macpaul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 07:11:11 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to wpa_supplicant/hostapd lists.
And I'm kicking start to implement/modify wpa_supplicant/hostapd for some of
WiMAX solution's authentication part.
I've found that WiMAX dosen't support EAPOL header in 802.16e spec.

I've already wrote a driver interface to RX/TX raw packet for some WiMAX
solution.
And successfully inserted some interface to some WiMAX solution.
But now I need to takeoff EAPOL header from wpa_supplicant/hostapd.

Is there any way to disable or strip EAPOL header off to make
wpa_supplicant/hostapd support some WiMAX sulotion's authentication process?
Is any state machine or RX handling function need to be modified since it
seems EAPOL is hard implemented into the core of wpa_supplicant/hostapd.

I hope there is a chance that wpa_supplicant/hostapd may support EAPOL
sublayer as a configurable feature for more flexible integration.
Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Macpaul Lin