[HOSTAP] Make debug a run-time option

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Mar 14 18:05:38 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 03:48:00PM -0400, John W. Linville wrote:

> What about a combined approach?  The existing compile-time option
> could remain while runtime restrictions could be added for when the
> debug stuff is compiled into the driver?

I would be perfectly fine with doing that assuming the default behavior
is not changed with this patch (i.e., debugging would be enabled by
default). I would consider changing the default setting a separate issue
and for that, it might be more worthwhile approach to identify the debug
messages that are undesired by default than to disable everything.