MSCHAPv2 Authentication

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Mar 8 10:08:15 EST 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 04:43:42PM +0100, Luca Merolla wrote:

> I have my username and password and I can access from Windows but just
> with the Wireless Tools from Win XP SP2.

Does the username include a domain (DOMAIN\user or user at domain)? Have
you tried using wpa_supplicant on this network? You could first try
without configuring the CA certificate just to verify what happens with
authentication. Once you get the CA cert downloaded from somewhere
(wpa_supplicant does not store it to a file, so you would need to use
something else here), you can add it to the configuration.