ping retard

simone grassilli supersayangras at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 8 04:33:40 EST 2007

Hi,
I've installed Host AP successfully on a machine which
acts as an Access Point and then I've installed
wpa_suppplicant on another machine which acts as a
client sending association requests.
I started a continuos PING command between client and
AP and noticed that reply times were between 1.6ms and
2.1ms (test done at 1m distance), but at regular time
intervals I've obtained a greater retard, in order of
160ms-190ms.
Is it normal or is there some particular reason?