Cisco Aironet AP?

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Tue Mar 6 20:32:21 EST 2007

Mark Davis wrote:
> We don't broadcast the SSID on our APs.

Then the SSID will be a zero-length string, and it won't match.

You will need to use ap_scan=2 in this setup.  And according to the
wpa_supplicant.conf file at [1] (hint hint ;-) ), you need to specify
the correct value for key_mgmt, pairwise, group, and proto in your
network block.  You will also need to use a backend that supports it.
(The Windows NDIS backend does; I don't know about madwifi.  Actually
it's possible that the madwifi driver requires the wext backend,
depending on the madwifi version.  I'm not sure on that though.)

[1]
http://w1.fi/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/hostap/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain