Segmentation fault (hostapd)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Mar 5 22:17:06 EST 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:57:17PM +1100, Nazeer Khan wrote:

> I am using hostapd-0.5.7 with madwifi-ng. I am getting segmentation fault at
>
> HOSTAPD_DEBUG(HOSTAPD_DEBUG_VERBOSE,
> 		"%s: dev_up=%d\n", __func__, dev_up);

There is no such line in hostapd 0.5.7 driver_madwifi.c, but there is
one in driver_bsd.c. I've only seen madwifi-ng being used to refer to
the Linux driver, so I think I would need bit more explanation on what
exactly you are testing.

> Actually there are two deamons, both running on seperate machines and i am
> trying to control one with the other.

This sounds like something that would required modifications to the
source code. Is the modified source code available somewhere?

> Can someone tell why am i getting segmentation fault here. I am getting
> this on both machines but in different function calls.

Where are you seeing the segmentation fault in the other case?