wpa_supplicant authentication timeout problem

Jagadish jagadish.nadimpalli at oneconvergence.com
Sun Jun 24 00:52:20 EDT 2007

Hi ,

An update on wpa_supplicant authentication timeout problem.

Sorry for giving wrong update yesterday. Today I have tested the open
mode association of wireless client (atheros chipset, madwifi
driver-0.9.3, linux kernel 2.6.16.13-4). I observed the one second
delay  (because of the delayed effect of netif_carrier_on()).
The wireless client is not sending data packets immediately after
successful roaming in open mode also. So what you have said is
applicable to both open mode association and WPA mode.

thanks,
Jagadish