Broadcast storms - Voyage Linux, Engenius NL2611, hostap

Edwin Whitelaw Edwin.Whitelaw at nrvunwired.net
Wed Jun 20 23:47:35 EDT 2007

Jouni,

Not sure about your first question though I suspect they are different
since I can identify one of the multiple sources during the storm, deny
that host access, and still observe the dest unreachable packets from
other hosts.

No WDS in play.  The WRAP has a 5.8GHz Atheros (CM9) radio as backhaul
into the rest of the net.  The eth0 port goes to other systems hardwired
locally.  Everything routed.

Again, I have no specific evidence that hostap is part of this problem
but would be most interested if anyone else has even experienced this
situation.  Appreciate any help you can offer or suggest.  My background
(many years ago) is Mechanical Engineering and the whole matter just
feels like a resonance or vibration phenomenon.

Regards,

Edwin

--
Edwin Whitelaw, P.E.