Make hostapd-0.5.8 as Authentication server

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Jun 18 12:28:37 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:14:11PM +0800, ?L Kinki wrote:

> My original hostapd.conf is using "eap_sim_db=hostapd.sim_db".
> I add the hlr_auc_gw.sock in hostapd.conf by changing it into
> "eap_sim_db=unix:/temp/hlr_auc_gw.sock".
> Then hlr_auc_gw should be enable, isn't it?

Yes.

> But after I enable hostapd, I get the following error messages:
>
> connect(eap_sim_db):No such file or directory
> HLR/AuC GW socket - hexdump_ascii(len=20):
>    2f 74 6d 70 2f 68 6c 72 5f 61 75 63 5f 67 77 2e  /tmp/hlr_auc_gw.
>    73 6f 63 6b
> sock
> Failed to initialize EAP-SIM database interface
>
> Do I use a wrong way to run the hlr_auc_gw?

Are you running hlr_auc_gw process at all? If yes, with what command
line?

> If I enable hostapd in this hostapd.conf,
> can the IMSI, KC, SRES, and RAND which I store in the hostapd.sim_db be
> found ?

Those are configured to hlr_auc_gw, not hostapd.

> Or I must write them into hlr_auc_gw.milenage_db?

The parameters you specified are for EAP-SIM and they are configured in
GSM triplet file (-g command line argument for hlr_auc_gw). Milenage
parameters (IMSI, Ki, OPc, AMF, SQN) for EAP-AKA would be configured in
the Milenage file (-m command line argument for hlr_auc_gw).

> I notice there are OPc , AMF, and SQN in hlr_auc_gw.milenage_db.
> What's the meaning of OPc? And how do I get them?

OPc is an encrypted operator variant algorithm configuration field. You
would need to get that from the USIM manufacturer (or to be more
specific, as an operator you would likely specify your own at some point
during manufacturing..).

> Can I just write a fake value to make EAP-AKA work?

No, you will need to use matching values with the USIM.