hostapd question

Michael Alexeev michael.alexeev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:20:35 EDT 2007

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for quick response.

> If you want to do this before disassociation, reception of RADIUS
> accounting message does not sound like the correct place for this.. If
> this can happen after disassociation or to be more exact, whenever the
> accounting session is terminated, then this time would of course be more
> appropriate.
>
> What kind of information do you expect to get from the RADIUS accounting
> server at this point? Please note that Accounting-Response packets are
> not supposed to include any attributes except Proxy-State and possibly
> Vendor-Specific..

I missed the point about valid Accounting-Response attributes.

My goal is to get user specific information from the RADIUS (for
example Replay-Message attribute) before hostapd closes the port. You
are correct about timing of the call. It could be done after
accounting session is terminated. But then the question is what type
of RADIUS request should be used - the second Access-Request ? Could
you recommend the suitable place for such call and where to process
the response (ieee802_1x_receive_auth?).

The alternative to the second Access-Request call is to somehow
persist the attributes returned with the Access-Accept response to the
original Access-Request message. Does hostapd provide such capability?

Thanks,
Mike