openssl error while retreaving key from smartcard?

Carles Fernandez i Julia cfernandezj at cesca.es
Fri Jun 15 05:51:19 EDT 2007

Hi
I'm currently trying to authenticate using EAP-TLS using smartcard. When
i try to authenticate with wpa_supplicant i get this error:

OpenSSL: tls_connection_engine_private_key - Private key failed
verification error:140A30B1:SSL routines:SSL_check_private_key:no
certificate assigned

I got some messages "Error: can't open /var/run/openct/status: No such
file or directory" but I get these messages always when I use my
smartcard reader (and it works).

I've googled and i got nothing usefull. Any idea?

ps: I've ***ed personal data from attached files

thanks,
Carles