Help on hostp acting as RADIUS Server

Preethi Mohan preethi.kp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:09:47 EDT 2007

Hi,
   I am going through the authenticator implementation of hostap ie
hospapd-0.5.8.When I went through the developer notes I came to know that it
can act as a standlone authenticator as well as a backend authenticator
(with the help of a RADIUSserver).In addition it can act as a RADIUS server
too.
  I want to configure the code to act as a backend authenticator (ie
authentication using a RADIUS server) .Instead of an external RADIUS
Server,can I use the RADIUS Server with hostap for this purpose.Is it
possible to use a single instance of hostap to act as both back end
authenticator and RADIUS Server for that authenticator.Or else do I have to
run two instances of hostap ie one acting as backend authenticator and
another one acting as RADIUS Server.Can anyone please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Preethi